Do you have GOM Player? Do you have Chromecast?
Do you want to stream GOM Player video directly to your Smart TV or even Apple TV? If you are saying, “I don’t know how to do that”, then this article is definitely for you.
Although there are many steps required in order to successfully Chromecast GOM Player to TV, I will try to explain as much as possible so even a young child can do it.
Let’s begin with a little introduction of Chromecast and GOM Player.
Table Of Content
What is Chromecast?
Chromecast is the latest device from Google that plugs into your HDMI port on your TV and allows you to stream photos, videos, music directly to your TV from your smartphone, tablet or laptop. This small little stick plugs in via the USB port of the TV and then you just have to follow a few steps on your device that needs to stream content in order for Chromecast to work.
What is GOM Player?
GOM Player is one of the best media players out there for Windows PC. It supports multiple subtitle formats like VTT, TTML, SRT, SSA/ASS, and many more. The latest version also includes support for Chromecast which makes it even better!
So now you can stream GOM Player videos directly to your TV with ease instead of streaming them via Android device or iDevice (iPad etc.), which can be difficult sometimes.
What do I need to Chromecast GOM Player to TV?
First you obviously need a laptop or smartphone or tablet running on Windows, Mac OSX or Android. And you also need the latest version of GOM Player installed on it. Installation is very easy and doesn’t require any special skills.
Most importantly, you need to have a Chromecast dongle/stick which costs just $35 at Amazon. You plug this into your TV’s HDMI port and then follow some simple steps on your computer that need to stream content in order for Chromecast to work. That’s all! We are done here!! 😀
Ok… So now how do I use GOM Player with Chromecast?
Now that you have successfully set up your Chromecast, let’s do the same with GOM Player. Here are the simple steps:
- Go to Options (which is located in top right corner of GOM Player) and then select Preferences .
- Once you open preferences for GOM Player player, go to Subtitles section on left side. Then click on Use chromecast button next to “Subtitle file” option in order to activate streaming subtitles through Chromecast when playing video in GOM Player. This way when you play any video in GOM player it will automatically load subtitle files mentioned under “Subtitle file”. If no subtitle file is mentioned here then it will not stream subtitles with videos via Chromecast.
- Now go to Network on left side of Preferences window which you opened earlier. Click on the “Casting” Tab and select Streaming via Chromecast option . This will allow GOM Player to stream video file directly to your TV via Chromecast dongle/stick that you plugged into your TV’s USB port.
- That’s it guys!! You are ready to enjoy GOM Player with Chromecast now! Just load any video in GOM Player and see magic happens…
- 5 . (Optional) If subtitles appear greyed out or if they don’t work even after following steps mentioned above then make sure your subtitle files are located either at Default Path C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\GRETECH\GomPlayer or at Custom Path (which means they are stored in some other location, like on MAC OSX it should be ~/Library/Preferences/Kodi/user data ).
- If subtitles don’t work even after following the instructions mentioned above then try to change subtitle file type by clicking on Stream button next to Subtitle file option. You can select whatever format you want here but make sure whatever format you select is supported by GOM Player under Default path (mentioned above).
Hope this article helped you Chromecast GOM player to TV! Enjoy your movies with your family! 🙂