The Chromecast is a device that plugs into your TV and enables you to stream content from your phone or laptop. It’s also great for gaming! That is why today I will show you the complete guide to Chromecast steam games from android, iPhone, and PC.
You can play games on your PC with the cast button, or if you have an iPhone, Android, PlayStation 4 controller, Xbox One controller, etc., just go to the Google Play store and download the “Chromecast” app which will allow you to connect directly to any game through Steam.
This is really easy because it will automatically detect when there are new games available in your library that are compatible with Chromecast. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and start streaming some of those steam games!
Related Post: How To Install Avast On FireStick
Table Of Content
- 1 Chromecast Steam from Android Smartphone
- 2 Chromecast Steam from PC
- 3 Chromecast Steam from iOS
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 4.1 Can I use this with games that require a keyboard and mouse?
- 4.2 I am trying to use my iOS device as a controller for steam games but nothing happens when I press buttons! Why?
- 4.3 Is there any lag involved?
- 4.4 How many players can be involved?
- 4.5 Can I Chromecast steam games from my PC/Mac?
- 4.6 How do I stop casting?
- 4.7 What happens if my steam is off?
- 4.8 Does my phone/tablet need to be connected to the same network as my Chromecast device?
- 5 Conclusion:
Chromecast Steam from Android Smartphone
If you want to Chromecast steam from your android smartphone, follow these steps.
- First of all, make sure that your phone is connected to the same WiFi network as your chromecast device.
- You will need Google Home app which you can download from the Play Store (for Android devices) or App store (For iOS devices).
- Open up the app and click on “Devices” in order to see all the Chromecast devices that your phone is connected with.
- Once you find the device, click on it and select “Screen” option. It will allow you to cast your screen on TV so that people can watch whatever game you are playing on big screen.
- Alternatively, open up the Google Play Store or App Store and download Google Cast chrome extension which gives you more control over chromecast device by allowing some additional features like adjusting volume etc.
- Steam games! You can now steam any steam game from your smartphone using google play store app present in every android smartphone or just connect through chromecast chrome extension using Google Home app present in smartphones having Android 4.1+ version of OS installed in them.
Chromecast Steam from PC
To Chromecast steam games from your computer follow these steps.
- Open Steam, go to Settings and at the bottom click “Allow game streaming.”
- Download the Google Cast Extension for your browser, open it and select “Cast this tab to…” .
- Select the Chromecast device you want to cast your game on.
- Steam games! You can now steam any steam game from your computer using google cast extension which is installed in almost all modern browsers (chrome, firefox, opera) present in every modern operating system (Windows, Mac).
You can also try the extension named “Steam Stream Link” which will give you more control over Chromecast devices by allowing some additional features like adjusting volume etc.
Chromecast Steam from iOS
To Chromecast steam games from your iOS device follow these steps.
- Make sure that your PC is on the same network as your Chromecast and iOS device
- Open Google Chrome or any other browser you use to surf the web. On the top right there should be a 3rd button called ” Cast “. Turn it ON .
- Make sure your Steam client is running and that you have launched a game or run Big Picture mode.
- Open safari on your iOS device, go to www.google.com/chromecast/setup and follow the instructions to connect your Chromecast with your WiFi network.
- Once connected tap the little triangle next to the Cast button and select your Chromecast device.
- The Steam Big Picture should appear on the TV screen, press “Start” in iOS Safari and complete the connection wizard by following the instructions on the PC.
- Once Steam recognizes your iOS device as a game controller you should be able to play any steam game compatible with controllers/gamepad from iOS Safari directly onto your TV screen. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use this with games that require a keyboard and mouse?
No. This will allow you to play controller supported steam games from your iOS devices to your TV using Chromecast only. Games that need keyboard/mouse input will not work.
Make sure that your PC is running Steam client and that you are running some sort of game or opened Big picture mode session. Game needs to launched first before you start streaming
Is there any lag involved?
As far as we can tell there is no noticeable lag in this method at all.
How many players can be involved?
Currently, only one iOS device can be used as a controller, looking into it we believe that at least two iPhones or iPod Touches could be used like an Xbox gamepad for example.
Can I Chromecast steam games from my PC/Mac?
Yes, you need to download the Google Cast extension for your browser which is available for both chrome and firefox. After you have done that select the cast option on the top right corner of your browser and then follow instructions to connect with Chromecast device. After that, you are ready to steam any game from PC.
How do I stop casting?
Chromecast will be disconnected automatically whenever it’s not being used so there’s nothing to worry about.
What happens if my steam is off?
You will not be able to stream anything. Make sure that your Steam client is running and you are in-game or at least opened Big picture mode before chrome casting.
Does my phone/tablet need to be connected to the same network as my Chromecast device?
Yes, Chromecast will not show up for casting if it is in a different network.
Here comes the final words, in this blog post we have shared the easiest way to Chromecast any steam game from iOS/Android or PC. This method will work with almost all modern browsers and smartphone devices. If you have questions feel free to ask in the comments. Thank you for reading!