Do you have any problem with installing the Discord app, or it’s the blank screen after the installation? You are in right place to learn how to fix the discord blank screen issues quickly.
Discord is an all-in-one voice and text chat for gamers that’s free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Stop paying for TeamSpeak servers and hassling with Skype. Simplify your life.
Discord is always completely free to use with no gotchas. That means you can make as many servers as you want with no slot limitations. If you have any problem with installing the Discord app, or its blank screen after the installation, read this article to fix it.
Table Of Content
- 1 What Causes the Blank Screen on Discord?
- 2 How to Fix Blank Screen on Discord
What Causes the Blank Screen on Discord?
- Corrupted cache: It might be possible that you have a corrupted cache. This will happen when the installation goes wrong or when you have an old version of Discord installed in your system.
- Hardware Acceleration: It also might be possible that you have hardware acceleration enabled. Due to that reason, you are getting a blank screen.
- Background Applications: Sometimes background applications also cause the Discord to show a blank screen.
How to Fix Blank Screen on Discord
Method 1: Reinstallation
It’s always a good idea to uninstall discord completely from your system and then reinstall it back again. Before uninstalling, first, try to uninstall Discord from Control Panel and then restart your PC. After that, install the latest version of the Discord app back again.
Method 2: Hardware Acceleration
Some people are getting blank screens after enabling hardware acceleration in discord settings. To fix this issue;
- Open Discord > Click on the gear icon (settings) to open settings.
- Now go to the Appearance tab and uncheck the Hardware Acceleration option.
- Restart your PC and try running discord again to check if it works.
- Press Windows Key + R then
Method 3: Updating Graphics Drivers
Sometimes outdated graphics drivers also cause a blank screen with the Discord app. This can be easily fixed by updating your graphics driver to the latest version. To update your graphics driver;
- Press Window Key+ R to open the Run window. Then type devmgmt.msc and then hit enter key to open device manager.
- In Device Manager, expand Display Adapters > Right-click on your graphics adapter and select the update driver software option from the menu.
- In the Update Driver Software window, click on Search automatically for updated driver software. This will install the latest graphics drivers for your system.
Method 4: Check If You Are Using Full Screen
In your user setting window, go to “Scaling and Layout” > Make sure if the “Override the scaling mode set by games and programs” is checked. To do so;
- Right Click on Desktop > Display Setting
- Click “Advanced Display Setting”
- Select the scaling mode as “Let Windows Manage my Scaling” instead of a specific setting.
Method 5: Other Apps Running in Background
Sometimes other applications are running in the background causing Discord not to load. To fix this issue, close all unnecessary applications that are currently running on your system.
Also, make sure you have allocated enough RAM space for the Discord application to run more smoothly on your PC. While running the app click on the gear icon in the upper right corner > Select “Windowed Mode”.
This will help avoid conflicting issues between discord and another application.
Method 6: Restarting Your Router/Modem
If none of the above-mentioned methods works for you, restart your router/modem and modem again.
If you use public Wi-Fi like at an airport or cyber cafe and sometimes it can cause Discord not to load properly. So make sure that you only play games on a private network.
Method 7: Reset Your Web Browser
If you are using any web browser to run the discord app, try to reset your web browser. It will help to fix Discord blank screen issues. To reset your browser;
- Open Settings in your web browser
- Click on Advanced settings
- Click on “Reset” button at the bottom side of the screen to reset your web browser 4. After that, launch the Discord app and enjoy gaming with your friends!
That’s all for this article. I hope you will be able to fix your blank screen issue with the Discord app. If nothing worked for you, comment below mentioning what device are you using. We will try our best to help you out. Thank You!