Do you use the Firefox browser? Do you face this issue in your Firefox browser? If yes, then read this full article carefully and follow the methods given below to successfully fix the black screen issue in Firefox.
Table Of Content
CAUSE OF THE ISSUE:
The most common reason for the black screen problem is incompatible add-ons. This happens when Mozilla updates its software and adds new features but third-party developers fail to update their extensions on time.
SOLUTION TO FIX THE ISSUE:
If you are also facing this issue then follow the methods given below to fix it. These methods will help you to get rid of the problem once and forever without any side effects. So just go ahead with these simple steps…!
METHOD # 1: CLEAR CACHE AND HISTORY
- Open a new Firefox tab and type about:cache into the address bar. Once done, press enter. This will show your browser cache memory which if clogged up with unwanted data is the main reason for black screen on Firefox browser. So you need to clear this data by clicking on Clear Cache button at the top right corner.
- Now again open a new tab and go to Tools > Clear Recent History option (See Image # 2). Select “Everything” from Time range to clear box and then click on Clear Now button ( See Image # 3 ). Close all opened tabs and restart your computer and try using Firefox again (It will work 100%).
If you are not comfortable with manual steps, then do the following things to fix the black screen issue on the Firefox browser. So just follow these methods given below carefully…!
METHOD # 2: DISABLE THIRD-PARTY ADD-ONS (OPTIONAL)
- Open Firefox and go to Tools > Add-ons. Now click on Extensions tab (See Image # 4). You will get a list of all installed add-ons in your Firefox browser, so disable or remove all unknown / unwanted extensions which causes the problem. This is an optional step but if needed, then it can be done easily by following above mentioned steps carefully…!
- Restart your computer and try using firefox again. It will work 100%.
This was all about How to Fix Firefox Black screen issue and troubleshooting steps. I hope you find this article helpful while solving your queries. Do let me know via comments if you still face any issues or problems, we would love to help you out..! Happy Surfing…!!! 🙂 Cheers!! 🙂
IMPORTANT NOTE: You can also fix the black screen problem on Firefox by resetting the add-ons (Firefox option). So just go to the “Help” menu and click on “Troubleshooting Information”. Under the hood tab, hit on the “Reset Firefox…” button and restart your browser (it will delete custom settings and installed add-ons) (See Image # 5)
METHOD # 3: RESTART COMPUTER
- It is the simplest method of all, just restart your computer and try using Firefox again. If it works then, Great!! You are good to go! But if not then move on to the next step…!
- Now once again open a new tab and type about:cache into the address bar (See Image # 1). Once done, press enter to show your browser cache memory which is clogged up with unwanted data causing black screen issue. To fix this problem you need to clear the cache by clicking on Clear Cache button at the top right corner (See Image # 6) followed by clearing browsing history as explained in Method # 2 above..!
- Restart your computer and now it should work fine.
METHOD # 4 : FIX BLACK SCREEN ISSUE ON MOZILLA FIREFOX USING FLASHFIX EXTENSION
FlashFix is a Firefox extension that can help you to fix the black screen problem on the Mozilla Firefox browser. You just need to install the free software and then restart your Firefox browser for smooth working. FlashFix uses a list of compatibility fixes for various issues to eliminate them from your browser without any side effects. It can easily be downloaded from the official website.
If you found this article helpful, then kindly share it with others as well…! Also, let us know if there are other methods that worked for you by using the comments section below..! See ya… 🙂