In this blog post, we will be going over how to install and use Avast VPN on Firestick.
Avast is a VPN service that protects all of your devices from malware, phishing, and other online threats.
The installation process should only take about 10 minutes depending on connection speeds but can take up to 30 minutes if you have a slow internet speed.
Ever since I installed Avast VPN on my Firestick, it has been a much safer experience. The best part is that the installation process is pretty simple and it takes just a few minutes to get running! So keep reading till the end.
Table Of Content
- 1 What is Avast VPN?
- 2 Features Of Avast VPN
- 3 How to install Avast VPN on Firestick?
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 4.1 Does Avast VPN Work on Firestick?
- 4.2 Do I Need To Root My Firestick/Fire TV to Use Avast VPN?
- 4.3 Which Servers Does Avast VPN Use?
- 4.4 How much does Avast VPN Cost?
- 4.5 How Fast Is The Encryption?
- 4.6 Is My Data Protected?
- 4.7 How to add a new location for your IP address?
- 4.8 How to Connect to the internet with Avast VPN?
- 4.9 How to Set up Wi-Fi security with Avast SecureLine?
- 5 Conclusion:
What is Avast VPN?
Avast VPN is a Virtual Private Network that lets you surf the web anonymously and securely. It also provides unrestricted access to your favorite apps and websites, no matter where you are.
Avast protects 400 million people across the globe with its security solutions, so it must be doing something right! And now you can use this popular VPN service on your Amazon Firestick too.
Yes, you can use Avast VPN for your Amazon Firestick or Amazon Fire TV to secure your web browsing sessions and also access blocked websites. You can stay anonymous even when using public Wi-Fi networks and enjoy complete internet freedom with no restrictions.
It uses military-grade encryption protocols to protect your data and keep snoopers at bay. This article will show you how to install Avast VPN on Firestick, so let’s get started.
Also Read: Fix BlueTooth Has Stopped Working Error
Features Of Avast VPN
There are a lot of VPN apps out there, that do basically the same thing. However, Avast has some features that make it stand out from the rest.
- Avast provides unlimited bandwidth and no download limit for its users. It also offers high-speed browsing to prevent buffering issues while streaming on Firestick/Fire TV.
- You can choose from a list of servers in more than 60 countries, and connect to the one that works best for you. It has a simple yet intuitive interface that is easy to use even for beginners. It also provides military-grade encryption so your data stays safe at all times.
- It has servers located in countries like United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, Hong Kong, Australia and more.
- Avast VPN protects your entire internet session so you can enjoy complete internet freedom on Firestick/Fire TV with no restrictions.
- It also doesn’t store connection logs or any user information which means it’s totally anonymous! Reasons Why You Should Use A VPN For Your Amazon Firestick
- It’s Ideal For Watching Geo-Restricted Content on Amazon Prime or Netflix!
- With Avast, you can unblock geoblocked channels and instantly watch geo-restricted content on Amazon Prime and Netflix.
- You can access all of your favorite content by connecting to the server in the US or UK so you don’t miss out on anything!
- It’s Great For Protecting All Of Your Devices!
- When you use Avast VPN, you get complete internet security for all of your devices with just one subscription. So you can watch content on your Firestick without worrying about hackers spying on your data.
- It Will Keep You Anonymous!
- Avast VPN provides military-grade encryption to secure all of your internet sessions and keep prying eyes away from your private information.
- Now you don’t have to worry about getting hacked while using public Wi-Fi networks or any other internet connection which you dont trust much.
How to install Avast VPN on Firestick?
The installation process is really easy and shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes. Just follow the steps below to install Avast VPN on Firestick:
Step 1: Open the settings menu on your Firestick/Fire TV by going to “Settings -> Device -> Developer Options”.
If you don’t see Developer Options, go to “System -> About -> Network”, and click on “Build Number” 7 times until the dialogue box says you are now a developer.
Now go back to Settings, and you should see Developer Options there.
Step 2: In Developer Options, turn on “ADB Debugging” and “Apps from Unknown Sources”. A dialogue box will pop up asking if you want to turn this on. Click “Yes”.
Step 3: Download the .apk file for Avast VPN from the website and save it somewhere easy to access, like your desktop.
Then Click On the downloaded file and click “Install” when prompted. You will get a notification that says “Avast Antivirus IS NOT installed on your device. Would you like to install it now?” Click “OK”.
Step 4: Click on the newly installed Avast icon, and enter your email address when prompted. Click “OK” again.
Step 5: Click on “Yes” to agree with the terms of service, and click “OK” again.
Step 6: Now click “Start” to begin the installation. If you get a message saying that Avast isn’t compatible with your device, just click “OK”.
Step 7: After it’s done downloading, go back to your Firestick home menu and open the new Avast VPN app. Click on “Skip”, then “Yes” to connect. You will get a notification that says “Your device administrator does not allow VPN connections”, just click “OK”.
Step 8: After you’re connected, you’ll see a key icon in your notifications bar at the top of your Firestick home screen. It will turn green when you are successfully connected.
Now all your traffic is being routed through a secure tunnel to keep you safe from prying eyes!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does Avast VPN Work on Firestick?
Yes it does.
Do I Need To Root My Firestick/Fire TV to Use Avast VPN?
No, you don’t need to root your device. You can install and use this app completely risk-free without needing to root your device.
Which Servers Does Avast VPN Use?
Avast uses a custom server list for its VPN servers. Currently, there are more than 850 servers in over 30 countries to choose from. These include the US, UK, Canada, Germany, France, India and Australia.
How much does Avast VPN Cost?
Avast VPN is entirely free to download. It’s also completely free to use, so you can protect your privacy without having to worry about cost.
How Fast Is The Encryption?
You won’t have any problems with speed when using Avast VPN. The Avast Team has optimized the app for fast speeds and great stability even on weaker connections, so you can stream your favorite content at high resolution with minimal interruptions.
Is My Data Protected?
Yes! All of your internet traffic will be routed through the secure tunnel provided by our VPN service when you are connected. This means all of your data is protected from hackers trying to snoop on your activity while in public Wi-Fi networks or mobile networks.
How to add a new location for your IP address?
You can easily add a new location for your IP address to appear by going into the “settings” menu on the upper right side of the app. From there you can search through locations and select one as your new source for an IP address!
How to Connect to the internet with Avast VPN?
Once you open the app, you will be prompted to choose between two modes of connection (Protocol Mode and Region Mode). You can set it to Automatic or Manual. Then simply press “Connect” in the lower right corner of your screen!
How to Set up Wi-Fi security with Avast SecureLine?
Once you have Avast VPN installed on your device, open the Avast VPN app on your device. You will see a button at the top of your screen to set up SecureLine. Press on the button and follow the prompts to set up Wi-Fi security with Avast SecureLine.
I hope this article was able to help you install and use Avast VPN on Firestick. If there’s anything that I missed, or if you have any questions regarding the steps here, feel free to drop a comment down below!