Ever had trouble finding the app you’re looking for on your Smart TV? Want to try out that new app but can’t find it? This blog post is for you! Here, we will show you how to sideload apps onto your Hisense Smart TV. We’ll also go over some of our favorite sideloaded apps. Let’s get started!
Table Of Content
- 1 What is sideloading apps on Hisense Smart TV?
- 2 How to sideload apps onto your Hisense Smart TV
- 3 Most Sideloaded Apps On Hisense Smart TV
- 4 Advantages of sideloading apps
- 5 Disadvantages of sideloading apps
- 6 Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- 6.1 What is Sideloading an app on a Hisense smart tv?
- 6.2 Can you sideload apps on a Hisense smart tv?
- 6.3 Is it necessary for an app to be in the google play store in order to install on a Hisense smart tv?
- 6.4 Do you need to root your Hisense smart tv in order to sideload apps on it?
- 6.5 Is it safe to sideload an application onto the Hisense smart tv?
- 6.6 Will sideloading apps void the warranty of my Hisense smart tv?
- 6.7 Can I install games from other sources on my Hisense smart tv?
- 6.8 Can I install android applications on my Hisense smart tv without a keyboard and mouse?
- 7 Conclusion
What is sideloading apps on Hisense Smart TV?
Sideloading, in general, is the process of installing apps on a device that is not supported by a particular app store. Sideloading can be done from an external source such as your computer or from internal storage.
In the case of our Hisense Smart TVs, sideloading means installing unsupported applications from an external drive or USB stick. It does not mean installing apps directly from your PC as you would on a phone or tablet.
Sideloading apps on a Smart TV is not very common. Application developers usually don’t spend time developing for TVs, and since the TVs are often restricted to their own app stores (in our case, Android), there isn’t much you can do in terms of sideloading (with the exception mentioned above).
Fortunately, we were able to sideload applications onto our devices through local USB or network shares.
Sideloading can also be used as a workaround when there’s no other way to install unsupported applications, especially those that require Google services. In these cases, sideloading would allow you to bypass the Google Play Store and directly install the application from a website or file share.
For example, our Hisense Smart TV didn’t come with a dedicated YouTube app. There were many third-party apps available in the Store, but there weren’t any that supported full function (e.g., video downloads).
The next step was to sideload an alternative version of YouTube with download support, which I will cover below along with some other applications we’ve side-loaded on our TVs.
Related Article: How To Install DailyMotion On Roku
How to sideload apps onto your Hisense Smart TV
The process of sideloading apps onto your TV is very simple. You just need to download the proper APK file and copy it into a USB stick or over a network.
Then you have to put the TV in developer mode so it can install applications from an unknown source, which are not found in the Android store.
Here are some steps on how to sideload apps onto your Hisense Smart TV.
1) Enable Developer Mode
To get access to Hisense’s developer menus, go to Menu – > Settings – > System – > About This TV Software Version and click “Build number” seven times until you see a notification that says “Now you’re a developer!”. Press “Ok” if it pops up.
2) Enable Unknown Sources
This is the step that allows the TV to install any application from an unknown source. Go to Menu – > Settings – -> System -> Developer Mode and switch it on. You will see a screen that’s asking you if you want to turn developer mode on or off, select “On”.
3) Start Sideloading Apps
To start sideloading apps onto your TV, go back to your main screen and click “Apps” – > “Download App” (make sure you have a USB drive plugged in).
Once clicked, this will open up another menu with all of the APK files stored on your USB drive for easy sideloading.
Just find the app you want to install and click on it.
That is all you have to do to sideload apps onto your Hisense Smart TV!
Note: If an app requires Google Services, it will not work without the Play Store installed since the Play Store is required for Google services.
This includes apps like YouTube and other popular streaming applications that require login into a user account (YouTube has recently removed support for downloading videos).
So if you don’t want to deal with any of that, I recommend only sideloading individual apps rather than whole APK files.
It’s not worth dealing with Google Services just to make one or two apps work.
Most Sideloaded Apps On Hisense Smart TV
- KODI Remote for iOS
- iMediaShare – DLNA Server
Advantages of sideloading apps
Following are the benefits of sideloading apps onto your Hisense smart tv
- You can install any application, not in the google play store.
- You can use unsupported applications by sideloading them on your Hisense smart tv.
- If the applications you want to install are not in the google play store then you can install them by sideloading on your Hisense smart tv.
- You can install any app file on your Hisense smart tv.
Disadvantages of sideloading apps
The following are the disadvantages of sideloading apps on your Hisense smart tv
- Sideloaded apps will not be updated automatically.
- The sideloaded apps won’t receive any updates in the future.
- If you install an application that doesn’t fulfill the requirements of your TV then it may damage it or cause a problem in the operating system.
- Fewer apps in the Google play store for a platform means a less likely chance of finding an app that can work on your Hisense smart TV.
- You have to manually install every application on your TV which is a pain.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
What is Sideloading an app on a Hisense smart tv?
t refers to the process of transferring applications or games onto your Hisense-powered TV or television.
Can you sideload apps on a Hisense smart tv?
Yes, you can install any application on your Hisense smart tv by sideloading it.
Is it necessary for an app to be in the google play store in order to install on a Hisense smart tv?
No, you can sideload any application onto your Hisense smart tv even if its not in the Google Play Store.
Do you need to root your Hisense smart tv in order to sideload apps on it?
No, your device don’t have to be rooted for this.
Is it safe to sideload an application onto the Hisense smart tv?
Yes, but only if the app is compatible with your smart tv and you follow all safety precautions.
Will sideloading apps void the warranty of my Hisense smart tv?
Yes, and there isn’t anything that you can do about it because of how it’s a hardware issue which means something inside the unit has been physically tampered with.
Can I install games from other sources on my Hisense smart tv?
No, you can only install APK files that are available on the Google play store.
Can I install android applications on my Hisense smart tv without a keyboard and mouse?
Yes, you only need your laptop or computer connected to your TV via HDMI from its USB port from where you can sideload apps onto it.
So that’s it for this article on how to sideload apps onto your Hisense smart tv. I hope that you found this useful and learned some new tricks. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below. Thanks for reading!