In this article, I will show the complete method for how to upload a pdf file to Squarespace. But before that let me tell you something about Squarespace.
First, let me give you a brief introduction to SquareSpace, so that you get to know completely about it.
What Actually Is Squarespace?
Squarespace is a website creation platform that allows you to design and develop websites. Its easy-to-use interface to design, publish and manage your website. It has many features that can help you create a professional-looking website without any coding knowledge.
Squarespace is one of the best CMS available in the market. There are different affordable plans which you can choose according to your requirements.
It supports almost all platforms including iOS app, Android app, etc…
To make it easier for customers there are many types of Squarespace templates available. You can simply select a template based on your liking and start designing the site by customizing the pre-built content blocks, images, text boxes etc…
If you need a professional website for your business or for your clients, then there is no other platform as powerful as Squarespace.
How to upload a PDF File to Squarespace
Uploading a PDF file to Squarespace is fairly simple. All you need is some basic knowledge of HTML pages and how they work. Once you have that down, this task recedes into the background of everyday website maintenance activities.
Uploading PDF files to Squarespace requires knowing the basics of uploading a page through your FTP client. In general, these steps should work, but make sure you test them in your own environment before trying it on a live site:
When you order a Squarespace website, your designer will have you upload one or more of the following:
- A text file (.txt)
- An image (.jpg, .png, .gif)
- A PDF document.
To upload a PDF file to Squarespace, you need to follow the following steps:
There are two ways to do this. You can click and drag, or right-click and choose “Open With”. I’ll show both methods in detail here. Here we go!
- Drag and drop Drag the file from wherever it’s saved on your computer (for example: “my computer” > “desktop”) over to where it says Squarespace logo on your website preview screen. When prompted by Windows or Mac OS X Finder Select what application you want to use to open the file with. Each computer is different, but it should be a simple process of clicking “yes” or “use this program.”
- Right Click and Open With When you right-click on a PDF document, you will have three options: Open With, Open, and Save As.
- If you choose “Open”, that’s exactly what it does – opens the file in whatever application is associated with that type of file (often Preview for PDF documents)
- If you choose “Save As”, then your computer will create a new blank PDF document with the name of the original PDF document
- After clicking on “Open With”, then your operating system will ask which application to use to open this file. Once you have selected your application, it will open that file in a new tab or window of that program
To upload a PDF to Squarespace:
1 – Right-click on the PDF document and click “Open With”
2 – Select an application from the list (the best choice is Adobe Reader)
3 – The new tab or window of the chosen application opens. Click on File > Save As…
4 – In the window that appears, name your file and save it to a location of your choice on your computer. This file needs to be saved as a .pdf before uploading it to Squarespace.
5 – Open up your Squarespace website and either use the drag and drop method (drag the file from wherever it’s saved on your computer to where it says “URL or Upload” on your website preview screen) or click “manage files” in the left-hand side of the page, find the file you want to upload and click “select”. Once you have selected a file, Squarespace creates a preview for it. Once this preview is created, go back to where you are on step 5 above.
6 – Either use drag and drop, or right-click on the PDF document again
7 – Click “Open With”
8 – Select Adobe Reader
9 – The new tab for Adobe Reader opens up with one option: File > Save As… Again, name your file, save it as a .pdf, and save it to a location of your choice on your computer.
10 – Now you can return to Squarespace and upload the file by going to “manage files” on the left-hand side of the page. Find the file you just edited, click it, and then click “upload.” It will take a few moments for Squarespace to upload that document to your website.
11 – Congratulations! You’ve successfully uploaded a PDF to Squarespace.
Thank You! And if you liked this article please share it with your friends and let me know your opinions and suggestions in the comments section below