The blog gives an in-depth review of the Shopify affiliate program. The post discusses the benefits of joining, how much money can be made, and other tidbits about this highly successful affiliate program.
Interested in becoming a Shopify affiliate? Read on for everything you need to know!
Table Of Content
- 1 What Is Shopify?
- 2 Shopify Affiliate Program Review
- 3 What Products Does Shopify Offer?
- 4 How Much Can You Earn As Shopify Affiliate?
- 5 Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
- 5.1 How do I sign up to become a Shopify affiliate?
- 5.2 How much commission percentage does Shopify offer as an affiliate?
- 5.3 What type of products does Shopify have available for affiliates?
- 5.4 Does Shopify have a guaranteed monthly minimum payout amount?
- 5.5 How do I track my referral clicks, sales, and commissions using their affiliate dashboard?
- 6 Conclusion
What Is Shopify?
Shopify is an E-commerce platform that allows you to create your own shop and sell your products. It provides different themes for customization and the ability to accept credit cards and PayPal payments.
It also offers 24/7 customer support and is constantly updated with new features.
Shopify has been around since 2006 and is currently one of the top E-commerce platforms used by businesses worldwide. It is straightforward to use and provides a robust set of features for your shop.
Shopify is partnered with thousands of brands and e-commerce experts, most notably Tribestanfitness, YogaDirect.com, and HamletShaveCo.com.
In 2014, it accounted for over 30% of e-commerce websites in the United States.
Shopify Affiliate Program Review
Shopify is a company that offers E-commerce solutions to smaller businesses. Businesses can utilize the platform for their own online shops, sell their products on other sites, and more!
Any customer who subscribes to any service of Shopify’s will be automatically put into the affiliate program.
You get paid 10% from your referral sales made via the affiliate links you share across your social media channels.
Customers who use your unique affiliate link will get a discount exclusive to you when they sign up under your link!
Joining Shopify is easy and free! There are no fees for joining. You only ever pay when someone purchases your affiliate link.
Once a sale has been made from your unique affiliate link, you get paid 10% of that sale every time the customer makes a subsequent purchase using that same link!
This means more passive income in your pocket without having to do anything extra!
You will be earning passive income as long as there is traffic going through those links. You never have to lift a finger after initially creating an account and linking it with whatever social media channels you want to use it on.
It’s truly hands-off and super simple.
Shopify is one of the best affiliate programs out there because it has customers from all over!
The people who use Shopify’s services are primarily based in North America and Europe. There might be a few exceptions to this, but it pays to have your links being seen by a wide range of potential customers instead of just those living in one specific country.
Direct Commissions: 25% sales commissions per referral! That’s a pretty impressive percentage.
Shopify even has tiered commission rates: 10% on the first $50,000 in sales and 5% on anything over $100,000 per referral. The blog estimates that it’s easy to make your first $1,500 with this affiliate program.
Network Commissions: This type of commission is applied to people you refer who sign up for the Shopify Plus program, which is $2,000+ per month.
The amount earned depends on what plan your referral signs up for.
Estimated Commission Per Month: This depends on how well you promote the affiliate links and how much traffic you drive to their site. As mentioned above, this usually ranges from your first dollar to your first thousand dollars made through commissions. But as an extra incentive, if an affiliate manages to make a sale within half an hour of clicking one of Shopify’s famous “$100-off” links, they’ll be awarded an extra 10% commission!
Earn Commission on Customers Referred: This is a pretty standard affiliate program feature. You won’t have to worry about trying to find your referral numbers – Shopify will do that for you! They’ll provide you with what you need, and if they can’t give it to you, they’ll let you know why not.
Referral Period: There isn’t a set timeframe for when you must start making sales from your referrals. You can be an affiliate as long as there are active customers using your unique affiliate link. As soon as one of those customers makes a purchase, the clock starts ticking.
Upfront Payments: No upfront payments are required of affiliates. Shopify keeps track of all the commissionable purchases made by any contacts that you’ve sent their way. Once a sale is made, you get paid accordingly and automatically.
Expiration Date: Unfortunately, there isn’t an expiration date on how long your referral period lasts as an affiliate. This means that customers (and the customers they refer) can continue using those links for as long as Shopify’s services are still around!
Cookie Duration: Affiliate cookies last for 30 days. This means that your referral links need to be used within that time, or you won’t receive any commissions at all! Fortunately, Shopify stores these cookie durations separately for every affiliate account. This means that if one link isn’t working, you can just switch it up with another and continue to make money without consequence!
FTC Disclosure: There haven’t been any FTC disclosure requirements for this program yet. It’s pretty new and just starting to pick up steam – but keep an eye out and see if they need to update their website with anything else we should know about!
PROS & CONS
- 25% commission on all sales generated through your referral link.
- No cap on how much you can earn per sale or overall in commissions throughout the year. Commission is paid directly to your PayPal account every month .
- Easily track all of your referrals and commissions within Shopify’s dashboard. There are no crazy hoops to jump through in order to get paid when a customer makes a purchase through one of your affiliate links.
- Shopify has many different types of products so there’s something for everyone making it fairly easy to find an affiliate niche that you enjoy working with! Great program for both beginners and advanced marketers alike!
- There isn’t an expiration date on how long someone can use your affiliate link so customers may be slow to make a purchase. It is possible that you could have referred someone 6 months ago, they are just now considering buying something through your affiliate link but it’s already too late since the person has had more than enough time to get around to making that purchase!
- There isn’t a guaranteed monthly minimum payout amount which means affiliates could miss out on getting paid for their referrals if Shopify doesn’t meet certain criteria such as having accumulated $50 in commissionable sales throughout the month.
HOWEVER…. This shouldn’t be an issue for highly motivated and many affiliates since all commissions are paid directly to your PayPal account every month.
Shopify’s affiliate program is an excellent way for anyone to get started earning money online, especially if you have the drive and determination needed to succeed!
What Products Does Shopify Offer?
The affiliate products offered by Shopify include all the products sold through its different marketplaces. These include:
- Hardware : iPhone cases, laptop sleeves, etc.
- Fashion : T-shirts, sweatshirts, dresses, jackets, hoodies, etc.
- Giftware : Mugs with funny sayings on them, bottle openers shaped like beer bottles, etc.
- Accessories : Sunglasses and other accessories for everyday wear.
- Home decor : Throw pillows with cute sayings or phrases on them, wall art with motivational messages or poems written on them
As you can see from the list above, there are many different types of products that Shopify has to offer, which makes it a very attractive affiliate program to join, especially since there is no requirement for a website to join!
How Much Can You Earn As Shopify Affiliate?
There are so many different products to sell and affiliate opportunities with Shopify it can be hard to calculate an exact amount.
If you join as an affiliate, you will receive 25% of every sale made through one of your referral links, which could range from just a few dollars per month if someone makes a small purchase to over $100 if they spend enough.
The best way for anyone trying to find out how much they can earn as a Shopify affiliate is by joining and giving it a go yourself!
The amount of money affiliates make every month will vary depending on the number of referrals and sales made through those links – but overall, this is definitely something worth looking into!
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
How do I sign up to become a Shopify affiliate?
Click on the “Become an Affiliate” button at the bottom of this page. You will then be directed through a quick and easy registration process that shouldn’t take more than 1 minute for you to complete!
How much commission percentage does Shopify offer as an affiliate?
25% commission on all sales generated through your referral link. There is no cap on how much you can earn per sale or general commissions throughout the year. All commissions are paid directly to your PayPal account every month.
What type of products does Shopify have available for affiliates?
The affiliate products offered by Shopify include all the products sold through its different marketplaces. Each marketplace has its own unique selection of products, making it easy for affiliates to find something they enjoy working with.
Does Shopify have a guaranteed monthly minimum payout amount?
No. Commission is paid directly to your PayPal account every month.
How do I track my referral clicks, sales, and commissions using their affiliate dashboard?
Click “Orders” under the “Analytics” drop-down menu. From there, you can view all of your referrals and their commission amounts, as well as which links were clicked on by interested customers! You can also cancel or edit existing affiliate links through this dashboard which makes it pretty convenient if you ever want to make any changes!
I hope this Shopify affiliate program review has helped you understand how to become an affiliate as well as what this program is all about. If you found this helpful, feel free to share this ultimate review with your friends and family.